Open source video editing software

Ahniwa Ferrari ahniwa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 27 13:10:49 EDT 2013

Windows LIVE Movie Maker should support .mp4 files and works pretty well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials-home

For freeware, I like all of Freemake's products: they mainly highlight file
conversion, but there are some very simple editing capibilities:

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Last but not least, YouTube has some built-in editing capibilities for
videos you've uploaded. I'm not sure about combining two clips, but it
might do the other things you listed.