phone forwarding system

Laura Baker bakerl at ACU.EDU
Sat Mar 23 16:36:41 EDT 2013

Posting this to both lita and web4lib ...

We are trying to set up an easier way for our front desk to locate a
librarian.  We schedule people to be on call and to work the reference
shift, but the schedule often changes at the last minute, making it
difficult for the front desk to keep up with the changes.  They also need
to be able to find a librarian in between shifts, and meetings and classes
make it difficult for them know who's available unless they try many
different numbers.

We'd like to use Google Voice so that the front desk just has one number to
call, and then we could control where that number rings based on who is in,
on public duty, and where they are.  Unfortunately GV only lets you add 6
phones to the pool.

Has anyone figured out a way to add more than 6 phones or are there better
solutions than GV?

Laura

--
Laura Baker