What do you use for patron scan stations?

HAZEL Margaret E Margaret.E.Hazel at CI.EUGENE.OR.US
Wed Mar 6 19:17:04 EST 2013

Actually, I think this is of wider interest, potentially.  I know I'd be interested in hearing responses, although a summary would be fine, too.

In public libraries there is the added layer of needing to provide ability to email, but not providing email services to our patrons, other than webmail, and we don't want this to become a station for reading emails.

Thanks.

-Margaret

Margaret Hazel
Technology Manager & Interim Facilities Manager
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR
541-682-6015
margaret.e.hazel at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:margaret.e.hazel at ci.eugene.or.us>

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Munson, Doris
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:03 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] What do you use for patron scan stations?

Eastern Washington University is currently evaluating options for self-service scanners with touch screens that would be available for our patrons to use. One needed function is the ability to scan to email, file storage, PDF, OCR/Word, JPG, or a print queue.

We're very interested in knowing what other OCA libraries are using and what you do and do not like about them. Please feel free to reply to me directly unless others on the list indicate they also would like this information.

Thanks,
Doris

Doris Munson
Systems/Reference Librarian