hosting options and Amazon AWS?

Park,Go-Woon GOPARK at NWMISSOURI.EDU
Fri Jun 28 11:08:19 EDT 2013

Anybody experience with Amazon's AWS?

We use Linode and had customized applications such as a la carte, knowbot, and many others. We haven't needed to contact for the support, so I don't know how the customer service is, but so far we are happy with it.

Lately, I am working on a bento-styled search interface (Summon, ruby on rails), and thinking of switching to Amazon AWS. The scalability, speed, and traffic AWS offers sounds great. I really want to have the search results return within reasonable time frame, and AWS sounds more fit for that. The problem is their as-you-go pricing.  I can handle any technical difficulties, but I am not sure how to estimate the budget for AWS. Any thought?

Sarah

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-06-28