VALA Event and AGM - Wednesday 26 June 2013 - An Evening with Sue Roberts

VALA Executive Officer valasec at FASTMAIL.FM
Thu Jun 13 02:33:32 EDT 2013

Dear Colleague,

Event:                  “An Evening with Sue Roberts”
Guest Presenter:        Sue Roberts, CEO and State Librarian, State
Library of Victoria

VALA is delighted to welcome Sue Roberts as our very special Guest
Speaker for the June event.

About our Speaker:

Sue Roberts is CEO and State Librarian of Australia’s oldest and busiest
State Library – the State Library of Victoria in Melbourne. Prior to
moving to Melbourne in April 2012, Sue worked in strategic library
leadership and management roles in the tertiary sector in the UK and New
Zealand. Throughout her career Sue has focused on the transformation of
library and information services to meet the changing landscape and on
the engagement of stakeholders and partners to establish and achieve
shared goals. Sue is also a published author and has undertaken a range
of professional leadership roles at local, national and international
levels.

Please Register:  your attendance by logging on to our website at
www.vala.org.au/meetings.

This talk will follow the business of the Annual General Meeting, as
previously advised to VALA members.

What:   VALA Guest Speaker Event and AGM
When:   Wednesday 26 June 2013
Time:   5.30 for 6.00 – 7.30pm
Where:  University of Melbourne
Dulcie Hollyock Room, Ground Floor, Baillieu Library
(Public transport via train or tram. On-street parking in surrounding
area - have gold coins available.)

Cost:   Free to VALA members and guests

Complimentary drinks and nibbles on arrival; join us afterwards for
pay-as-you-go dinner with VALA Committee and our Speaker, in the Bistro,
University House.

Dinner RSVP:  Please RSVP by 5.00 p.m. Monday 24 June to:
vala at vala.org.au or (03) 9844 2933, clearly indicating that you will be
joining us for dinner.

Please feel free to forward this email to your colleagues.

Lesley Ryall
Executive Officer
VALA - Libraries, Technology and the Future Inc.
Reg No A0011933K ABN 75 344 574 577
P.O. Box 443
Warrandyte VIC  3113
Phone: (03) 9844 2933  Fax: (03) 9844 3191
Email: vala at vala.org.au