Sharepoint and WorldCat Local

Riesner, Giles W. GRIESNER at CCBCMD.EDU
Tue Jun 11 10:17:21 EDT 2013

Bill --

I got it to work fine on a test page I set up on our SharePoint site running SP 2010.
I added the RSS Viewer from the default web parts, Clicked to open the  pane to configure it and just copied and pasted the
URL from your email into RSS feed URL - ignored everything else and Clicked APPLY OK and it worked.

I can send you a screen print showing you what I get/did  if you want.

Giles Riesner

Giles W. Riesner, Jr. | Lead Library Technician , Library Technology
The Community College of Baltimore County   | 800 South Rolling Road | Catonsville, MD 21228 USA
Phone:  1-443-840-2736 | Fax: 1-410-455-6436 | Email:  griesner at ccbcmd.edu
CCBC. The incredible value of education.

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of DREW, WILFRED E JR CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RIOIL
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 3:48 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Sharepoint and WorldCat Local

I am trying to add the RSS feed from the recent cataloging page from
WorldCat Local to a Sharepoint page using the RSS viewer webpart.  I keep
getting this error message: "An unexpected error occured processing your
request. Check the logs for details and correct the problem."

I don't have access to the logs.  Has anyone been successful in getting this
to work in Sharepoint?  Please don't get on my case for using Sharepoint.  I
use what tools are given me to use.  I get other RSS feeds to work with no
problems.

The feed address is :
http://www.worldcat.org/libraries/75737/recentitems/VYR/rss

Thanks.

//SIGNED//
Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Croop-LaFrance, Inc.
Technical Librarian
AFMC/AFRL/RIOIL

Tech Library: http://go.usa.gov/YVQB
Rome Research Site
Phone: (315) 330-7608
Email: Wilfred.Drew.ctr at us.af.mil
Read the latest tech news on the Library News Blog:
https://org2.eis.afmc.af.mil/sites/ri/library/default.aspx
My milBook: http://go.usa.gov/YVQe
Military Librarians milBook: http://go.usa.gov/gNjH
"Google can bring you back 100000 answers, a librarian can bring you back
the right one." -- Neil Gaiman
The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Croop-LaFrance, the
Air Force, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-06-10