Study room reservation software

Erin White erwhite at VCU.EDU
Wed Jun 5 16:25:20 EDT 2013

At VCU we have been very happy with OpenRoom, which was developed at Ball
State and released as open source software a few years ago. It runs on a
PHP/MySQL backend and can connect to LDAP for user lookup. We also ended up
heavily modifying the code and writing a plugin to connect the login to our
campus authentication system.

OpenRoom supports unmediated reservations and allows you to set business
rules for reservations: max number of reservations per user per week, max
length of reservation, etc.

https://www.bsu.edu/libraries/getopenroom/
http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/2941

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have about it.

--
Erin White
Web Systems Librarian, VCU Libraries