Subject: cleaning computer monitors

Wong, Channing CWong at MARINCOUNTY.ORG
Thu Jul 18 13:38:47 EDT 2013

I've seen iKlear being used at fruity computer retail locations.  I've just used monitor wipes, and spray from Staples or other office supply stores.

Think it is better to get a microfiber cloth.  You can get those in the automotive department or a auto parts store.

Channing Wong

TSS

415-506-3157

"Will yelling at Billy help?... Look, if you want to play your best you got to play like a team. Remember, you need teamwork to win, not arguments."

-Flint, CW-4 Chief Warrant Officer, G.I. Joe

________________________________
From: Web technologies in libraries [WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] on behalf of Stella Pool [spool at AVENUE.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:26 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Subject: cleaning computer monitors

We use microfiber cloths sprayed with iClean, a product specially designed for the purpose.  If we run out of iClean, I’ve been known to use plain water and/or a mix of water and alcohol.  The key is to spray the cloth so it is damp, not wet , and avoid spraying cleaner directly on the screen.

A simple Google search gives advice such as:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/maintenance/ht/cleanflatscreen.htm

Good luck,

Stella Pool
Jefferson-Madison Regional Library