Campus Wide Wifi

Trista Smith tristanl13 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 17 16:06:32 EDT 2013

Good afternoon,

Our library has been limping by with a pretty standard router for our
wireless. We use a sonicwall to route our cable internet through (30 mbps
download) and then a Belkin router and a repeater on the back end of the
library. We have  pretty small building, but there is a park on the side of
our building. We would like to provide wifi for our building and the park.
Currently, the signal reaches the park but is very weak and our wireless is
slow and usually overloaded.

Does anyone have a configuration of hardware/software that allows their
wireless to cover a significant area (like a city block) and allows for
many users without compromising bandwidth? I've done some research and
there seems to be a lot of ways to go about this, but I'd love to hear
about solutions that have worked well.

Thanks!
Trista Smith
Director