electronic reserves

Cockerill, Alan alan.cockerill at JCU.EDU.AU
Mon Jul 8 18:36:39 EDT 2013

In Australia Equella<http://www.equella.com/> and Blackboard CMS<http://www.blackboard.com/platforms/learn/products/blackboard-learn/teaching-and-learning/new-to-learn/content-management.aspx> are fairly common, we use Masterfile by Concord<http://www.concord-usa.com/masterfile.htm>. Some are using institutional repository software, and a few have developed inhouse systems.

Like England, Australia has fairly stringent copyright reporting requirements around digitising print for course readings, and that has meant Talis Aspire<http://campus.talisaspire.com/> (with 50 or so sites in the UK) has now started a push in the Australian market, one university has signed up and others are trialling the system.

Nothing I've mentioned above is an endorsement - our medium term roadmap includes an evaluation of where we are at and need to be in this space so I'm interested in seeing what others are doing. Particularly on management models and Blackboard/LMS integration.

Cheers,

Alan Cockerill
Library Technologies Coordinator
Library & Information Services
James Cook University PO Box 6811 CAIRNS QLD 4870 AUSTRALIA
P:(07) 4232 1737 I:+61 7 4232 1737 F: (07) 4042 1026
E: Alan.Cockerill at jcu.edu.au<mailto:Alan.Cockerill at jcu.edu.au>
www.jcu.edu.au
Location: B1 Level 0
CRICOS Provider Code: 00117J (QLD)