Login Problems for PubMed

Jean Gudenas jgudenas at LUMC.EDU
Wed Jan 30 10:20:02 EST 2013

Hi Erin,

We are encountering the same issue and after contacting NLM, they seem to think that it has to do with the proxy server. We use EZProxy and NLM sent a couple of suggestions to our access services librarian on how to possibly override the login. He's not well-versed with the suggestions, so he's going to ask our IT department for help.

If we are successful, I will be happy to pass the information along! And if you get any good suggestions, please let me know!

Jean

Jean Gudenas, MLIS
Loyola University Health Sciences Library
Head of Collections Management & Research Librarian
708.216.4368
jgudenas at lumc.edu >>> Erin E Rushton <erushton at BINGHAMTON.EDU> 1/30/2013 8:54 AM >>>
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem before. I've worked with two patrons who access PubMed via the library website (meaning they authenticate through the libraries' proxy server before accessing PubMed).
Once these patrons open PubMed they then go to the NSBI Sign In Page. After signing in, however, the PubMed window opens in the "log-in" frame instead of a full window. This prevents the patron from
fully utilizing the PubMed website.
The patron proving the screenshot below had the problem in both Safari and Firefox. I also have a Mac but I didn't have any problems using Safari or Firefox.
The patron was successfully able to log-in PubMed if they did not go through the library website so I wonder if the log-in problems are somehow triggered by the proxy url or maybe it is a setting on their computer.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.
Thanks!
Erin

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-01-30