Six Strikes Anti-piracy

Louis St-Amour louisstamour at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 26 14:54:43 EST 2013

If your library is using residential internet, this new system may be a
problem, but if you've "business-class" internet, you'll be fine according
to reports:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/01/six-strikes-boss-insists-new-system-wont-harm-public-wi-fi/

I suspect many are taking a wait-and-see approach. At worst, you may have
speeds throttled, which could be serious if you've the same Internet line
for both staff and patrons.

Just my two cents.... I'm actually Canadian, so I haven't followed this
that closely.

Thanks,
Louis.