Google Floor Plans

Wisniewski, Jeffrey A jeffw at PITT.EDU
Fri Feb 15 13:09:52 EST 2013

Ditto for us, except we're at 3960 forbes ave., pittsburgh pa 15260

Jeff

Jeff Wisniewski
Web Services Librarian
University Library System
University of Pittsburgh
jeffw at pitt.edu
412-624-4050
--

From: Erin White <erwhite at VCU.EDU<mailto:erwhite at VCU.EDU>>
Date: Friday, February 15, 2013 12:26 PM
To: "WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU<mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>" <WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU<mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>>
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Google Floor Plans

We uploaded ours last summer and they're now visible in Gmaps. We've had floor plans on our website for many years so figured this wasn't much different.

The big caveat here: the floor plans are only visible on the Google Maps app for Android. I'm not sure if there are plans to move these to maps.google.com<http://maps.google.com> or other mobile platforms, but this is kind of a bummer.

That said, if you're curious, look us up on your Android phone - the functionality is pretty neat.

Cabell Library, 901 Park Ave., Richmond, VA 23284

--
Erin White
Web Systems Librarian, VCU Libraries