social media question

Kai Hendry hendry at WEBCONVERGER.COM
Mon Feb 11 22:48:17 EST 2013

On 11 February 2013 23:23,  <dlgreen2 at fhsu.edu> wrote:
> What are others doing in relation to such a question? Or Is anything being
> done at all? Any ideas or comments would be helpful.

Ensuring Data migration and avoiding vendor lock in is a difficult
modern day problem on the Internet. You need to work out a "data
liberation" policy for each social network you use. There is no
consistent way to do it.

I don't suggest you try "spider" a Website, since that sounds very
inefficient. You are going to be grabbing data that's not related to
your content.

There are several online tools to backup social media.
https://www.archify.com/ is one. http://greptweet.com/ is one I wrote
for backing up a CSV of one's twitter timeline.

Storing backups as simple CSV files makes most sense to be. I don't
think it makes any sense to archive data in PDF.
http://dabase.com/blog/PDF-A_versus_HTML/

Kind regards,