USB microphone / headphones for training

Wilhelmina Randtke randtke at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 9 21:54:28 EST 2013

Yes, I have USB Logitech headphones and they are great.  The model I got
retails for $55, but was on clearance for $5 at RadioShack the day before a
Skype meeting.  Just a coincidence, but the audio quality is really good.
The mic picks up close to my face, presents my voice clearly, and doesn't
have any distortions.  I wish I had bought two pairs, to keep one in my
travel bag and one in my office, but mostly because $5 when I got it off
the rack.

-Wilhelmina Randtke

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Jeff Gima <jgima at amicalnet.org> wrote:

>  Not sure if this counts as 'affordable', but I'd recommend Logitech
> headets, especially this one:
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/7320
> I use my headphones for online meetings frequently - nearly on a daily
> basis. Had some reliability issues with earlier generations of Logitech
> headphones, but I bought the earlier model in this series, have been using
> it for several years without problem, and love it for its comfort, build
> quality and audio quality. Just noticed you can get that model in their
> outlet store for $26:
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/9957?crid=1014
>
> Jeff
>

> On 8 February 2013 16:18, Carol Hassler <Carol.Hassler at wicourts.gov>wrote:
>
>>  Can anyone recommend a good, affordable USB headphone/microphone set
>> for use in leading webinars? We're running Windows XP.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> Carol Hassler
>> Web Services Librarian
>> Wisconsin State Law Library
>> (608) 261-7558
>> http://wilawlibrary.gov/

>> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
>>
>> 2013-02-08
>>

> --
> Jeff Hiroshi Gima
> Director, American International Consortium of Academic Libraries
> American University of Paris Library
> tel : 0140620557 (from outside France: +33 140620557)
> jgima at amicalnet.org
> http://amicalnet.org
> AMICAL members: connect with librarians, technologists and faculty on
> AMICALconnect (http://connect.amicalnet.org)
>
> Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
>
> 2013-02-08

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/