Collecting Wifi usage statistics?

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at CCFLS.ORG
Thu Dec 19 11:58:21 EST 2013

I've recently started using Ubiquiti UniFi access points in our libraries.
The UniFi APs connect to a central controller server (a vm I'm hosting at
our main library) and one of the bonuses is that the controller server
collects stats.  I can also manage & monitor all our access points through
the controller, and I get an email if one of them goes down.  The APs don't
have all the capabilities that wifi routers usually do, for example they
don't do DHCP, so you have to have a DHCP server on the network they're
connected to, but so far I am very impressed.

Cindy Murdock Ames
IT Services Director
Meadville Public Library | CCFLS
http://meadvillelibrary.org | http://ccfls.org