_Student Library Ambassadors_ Blog Launched

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sun Aug 18 17:35:43 EDT 2013

Colleagues/

I am pleased to inform you of the lauch of the _Student Library Ambassadors_ that is "devoted to documenting initiatives in which students are directly or indirectly involved in promoting library collections, events, services, etc. to fellow students, as well as to faculty, and/or staff."

_The Student Library Ambassadors_ blog is located at

http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/

It has been seeded with the following initiatives and studies:

Clemson University > What Are Library Ambassadors

http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/2013/08/clemson-university-what-are-library.html

Loughborough University >Engaging the Disengaged – Indefinitely: Creating a Sustainable Model for Student Library Ambassadors

http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/2013/08/engaging-disengaged-indefinitely.html

University of Connecticut > Student Ambassador Program Connects Students and Library Resources

http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/2013/08/university-of-connecticul-student.html

University of Exeter > Championing the Library Involving Students in Development, Advocacy and Stock Selection

http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/2013/08/championing-library-involving-students.html

University of Toronto > Student Library Ambassador (Graduate)

http://studentlibraryambassadors.blogspot.com/2013/08/university-of-toronto-student-library.html

As time permits. I will continue my project and literature searches and plan to create a survey requesting information about other initiatives (and relevant literature) that I hope to post later this week [?].

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor