Pushing QuickTime via Group Policy

Wesley Johnson wjohnson at DCPLIBRARY.ORG
Tue Apr 23 12:37:30 EDT 2013

I tried that method; however, I don't see an "Apple Software Helper" in the installer package. I tried to deploy as-is and got "unable to extract deployment information from package."

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Mutch, Andrew
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:08 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Pushing QuickTime via Group Policy

Wesley,

Have you seen this help page? I can't vouch for the steps but they sound right.

http://www.klaus-hartnegg.de/gpo/msi_quicktime.html

Also, this site which used to be AppDeploy.com usually has good tips on how to push out applications using Group Policy.

http://www.itninja.com/

Good luck!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician