Best WYSIWYG Editor for Wordpress?

Pat Rapp pat.rapp at FAIRPORTLIBRARY.ORG
Fri Apr 19 10:57:08 EDT 2013

Is it just me, or did anybody else read this line in the voice of the Dos Equiis guy?

"We don't always use WYSIWYG editors, but when we do, we use CKEditor."

;-)

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Cary Gordon
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:29 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Best WYSIWYG Editor for Wordpress?

Neither is better. They each offer more options that you want to enable, so you might as well choose based on aesthetics. We don't always use WYSIWYG editors, but when we do, we use CKEditor. Our clients seem to like its aesthetics better than those of TinyMCE.

I strongly suggest that you allow only the tools that are absolutely necessary, usually bold, italic, image, link, and numbered and unnumbered lists. More will only let your editors break usability and accessibility.