Open Access Theses and Dissertations - oatd.org

Thomas Dowling thomas.dowling at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 5 14:34:00 EDT 2013

I am pleased to announce the availability of Open Access Theses and
Dissertations (OATD), at

  http://oatd.org

OATD is a discovery service intended to improve our ability to put
researchers and scholars in touch with the valuable and unique OA content
in our ETD collections.  It works with each site's metadata to index only
records that are actually ETDs and are freely available online.  In
addition to harvested metadata, it includes a growing amount of full text
"snippets" and sample images to help guide searchers.  (Snippets show
search hits only, from about the first 30 pages of the thesis - OATD does
not index or redistribute any document's full text.)

We are forming a panel of experts from ETD programs to steer OATD's
development, and to make sure this project remains led by, and responsive
to, the ETD community.  It will always be a work in progress, continually
working to improve the user experience and increase the visibility of our
ETD content.

--
Thomas Dowling
Director of Technologies, Z. Smith Reynolds Library
dowlintp at wfu.edu

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-04-05