user testing programs?

Hess, M. Ryan MHESS8 at DEPAUL.EDU
Thu Apr 4 12:59:18 EDT 2013

Howdy all,

We've done intermittent user testing of our web platforms here over the years, but we don't have a formal user research program, which is something I've wanted to establish. Assuming that there is always something to test, I'm curious how your teams are handling user research:

  *   Do you have an explicit research group or team?
  *   How do you vet/coordinate research proposals? Or do you at all?
  *   Do you aim for a particular number of studies each year?
  *   Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
M Ryan Hess
Web Services Coordinator
DePaul University
JTR 120, DePaul University, Lincoln Park Campus, 2350 N Kenmore Ave., Chicago IL 60614
office: 773-325-7829 | cell:  650-224-7279 |  fax: 773-325-2297  | mhess8 at depaul.edu<https://outlook.depaul.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2013-04-04