Computer Use Time

LINDHOLM Janus L Janus.L.Lindholm at CI.EUGENE.OR.US
Wed Apr 3 20:43:25 EDT 2013

We offer 90 minute and 60 minute reservations on our public PCs.  We used to have 30 minute PCs but basically found that they were being used for longer sessions because most people were signing up for the 60 and 90 minute ones.  Those that realized that would sign up for the 30 minute stations knowing that they would probably be able to extend their time to 60 and maybe even 90 minutes or more.  Our 90 minute stations are in a training room that is open for general use when a class is not in session.  I think if we didn't have the training room we would probably have all of the PCs at 60 minutes.

We also have a 15 minute PC that is first come first serve - no reservations.  This is also heavily used.  The 15 minutes is enforced by the computer doing a reboot at the end of the time period.

Janus Lindholm
Application Support Tech, Sr.
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR 97401
541-682-6894
janus.l.lindholm at ci.eugene.or.us
http://www.eugene-or.gov/library

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Linda Babli
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:23 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Computer Use Time

What time limits, if any, have you set for you public access computers?
Any pros, cons?
Linda Babli, Reference & Technology Librarian Winter Haven Public Library
325 Avenue A NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881
863-291-5880
lbabli at mywinterhaven.com<mailto:lbabli at mywinterhaven.com>
http://whpl.mywinterhaven.com<http://whpl.mywinterhaven.com/>