question about change url (domain name)

Christian Pietsch chr.pietsch+web4lib at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 26 10:21:20 EDT 2012

Dear Xi Chen,

if your college website uses Apache as a web server, then the
following manual section will help your webmaster set up a reverse
proxy: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html

A reverse proxy can be used to make remote contents appear as if it
was located on your own server. Don't let the word “proxy” scare you
-- contrary to your usual (forward) HTTP proxy, users do not have to
change any settings in their web browser or operating system.

Some other web servers such as nginx will also allow you to set up a
reverse proxy.

Cheers,
Christian

--
  Christian Pietsch · http://purl.org/net/pietsch
  LibTec · Library Technology and Knowledge Management