Help with Implications of Library's place in University DNS

Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at USFCA.EDU
Wed Sep 19 15:55:09 EDT 2012

If you are going to do a redirect, I'd recommend having it redirect
from both library.bethel.edu and www.bethel.edu/library. Users are
likely to type in either of these.

www.bethel.edu/offices/library is really bad. You are not a staff
office - you are probably one of the primary destinations on the
website.

Here at USF we use www.usfca.edu/library and it seems to work fine.
However, my regional campus library was
www.usfca.edu/remote_campus/santa_rosa/library for a long time, and
that essentially meant nobody ever found it via the url.

Jean Hewlett
Librarian, Santa Rosa Campus
University of San Francisco