Adobe Digital Editions, Adobe DRM and Microsoft ISA Server

Sutherland, Paul Paul.Sutherland at CCC.GOVT.NZ
Mon Sep 17 16:36:43 EDT 2012

I wonder if anyone has an environment where they use Adobe DRM titiles with a Micrsosoft ISA Server at their endoint

This could be titles from a vendor such as Overdrive - or free titles with DRM such as material here
http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/library/

We have a third party vendor who looks after our staff environment endpoint with an Microsoft ISA Server between us and the outside world
The problems below do not happen with our public environment which is managed by Library IT Staff. (We do not use ISA either.)

The problem is when trying to download a title with DRM I get multiple challenges from the ISA Server - which fail -

With my limited searching
Adobe offers little help

http://apus.libanswers.com/a.php?qid=40266
According to Adobe Digital Editions: http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/
"This error is occuring because ADE cannot get to Activation server. This generally happens because of either system or application level firewalls disallow access to the Adobe activation site (http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/)."

Neither does Microsoft

If anyone has advice - of what should be looked for allowing on the ISA server greatly appreciated. Or where to look.

Thanks

paul
This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz