Random & Casual Poll: What abt. Web Services Should You Know?

John Creech John.Creech at CWU.EDU
Wed Sep 12 12:41:00 EDT 2012

Network topology.  Many people do not grok how many hops a click on a
library web site takes before the full text is delivered to the patron,
how many servers it passes through in multiple locations around the U.S.
or internationally.

John

>>> Rosalyn Metz <rosalynmetz at GMAIL.COM> 9/12/2012 6:41 AM >>>
Communication. Communication. Communication. I think as long as you
have an aptitude to learn a new technology, you can put your mind to it.
The hard part is being able to communicate what it is that you're going
to be doing.

For example, I want to build an application that is going to accomplish
a particular task for my user. In the end, the user doesn't really want
to know what language I build it in. What the user wants to know is
whether or not my application is going to have this feature or that
feature. If I can't communicate with a user in order to discover what it
is they want and what I can do to deliver it, the number of programming
languages, web tools, etc. that I know will be completely useless.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Michael Schofield