Open Access Wikipedia Challenge MOOC on P2PU for Wikipedia Loves Libraries

Klein,Max kleinm at OCLC.ORG
Wed Oct 24 14:49:05 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Happy open access week, to celebrate I created the Open Access Wikipedia
Challenge on P2PU [1]. The challenge is to embed media that was
harvested from Open Access journals into Wikipedia, and I created a
special edition barnstar for completing it [2]. This challenge is
totally friendly to newbies and librarians as it includes over 1 hour of
six screencast tutorial videos that explain every detail right from the
account creation, to transclusion, and each module has waypoint
challenges. Already ten people have accepted the challenge.

Happy Open Access Week,

[1] https://p2pu.org/en/groups/open-access-wikipedia-challenge/

[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Open_Access_Wikipedia_Challenge_Ba