The Library in your Living Room

Mitchell, Michael Michael.Mitchell at BRAZOSPORT.EDU
Wed Oct 24 14:46:09 EDT 2012

A wireless router. Is your DSL at least T-1 speed? Streaming is a bandwidth hog.

Michael Mitchell
Technical Services Librarian
Brazosport College
Lake Jackson, TX
Michael.mitchell at brazosport.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Thomas Edelblute
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:36 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] The Library in your Living Room

Which brings up an interesting question. In my case, I have not included Internet with my cable TV because it is so much more expensive than my DSL.  So what would it take to connect an Internet TV up to a DSL modem located in another room?  Keep in mind I am renting an apartment, so tearing out the walls to recable is not an option.