Fwd: [WEB4LIB] Content Management System for web/intranet

Anna Wheeler awheeler at UNITEC.AC.NZ
Mon Oct 15 18:31:20 EDT 2012

thanks to everyone who has replied so far - this is very helpful
information :)

Cheers
Anna

>>> "Degler, Roy" <roy.degler at OKSTATE.EDU> 16/10/2012 8:49 a.m. >>>

Roy Degler

roy.degler at okstate.edu
Digital Library Services

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Degler, Roy" <roy.degler at okstate.edu>
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Content Management System for web/intranet
Date: October 15, 2012 11:11:37 AM CDT
To: Web technologies in libraries <WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>

I have three recommendations:

Modx- is my personal favorite for several reasons: templates are
html/css/js(template design is very simple), displays site layout just
like Windows explorer folder view(makes is to train users), while open
source it is managed by a real company, i have a great deal of
experience w/ Modx making all projects easier for me.

Drupal- is flexible and powerful, many libraries use Drupal, large
community.

opensourcecms.com-  Go to this site and they have a very large number
of CMS's installed and you can log in to each one to discover how it
fits your style of development and work.  pick the one you like.  (This
is how I discovered modx- originally an etomite fork my first cmd)

Good luck with the selection of a cms

Roy Degler

roy.degler at okstate.edu
Digital Library Services

On Oct 15, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Alnisa Allgood