Position Announcement: Webmaster at University of Southern California
suellen.stringer-hye at VANDERBILT.EDU
Wed Oct 10 15:10:32 EDT 2012
Move to LA?
Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 10, 2012, at 2:06 PM, "Joyce Ouchida" <jouchida at USC.EDU<mailto:jouchida at USC.EDU>> wrote:
Apologies for cross-posting.
USC Libraries' Web Operations unit is seeking a Webmaster to join its team. The Webmaster will oversee and manage the content for the various user interfaces of the Libraries' web properties. In addition to strong organizational and management skills, the ideal candidate has a passion for continually improving web-based library services for users.
Among other related responsibilities, position duties are to:
* Provide leadership and direction for the creation, organization and maintenance of content for the Libraries' web user interfaces, including public-facing web sites and Intranet
* Oversee content for the Libraries' web sites to ensure it is relevant, up-to-date, user-centered and accessible; coordinate and collaborate with various content owners and stakeholders to update and maintain web content
* Collaborate in the design, implementation, and management of a content management system for the Libraries, including responsibility for configuration, customization, and user support
* Manage and coordinate staff and student workers to implement content updates and provide user support
* Lead content migration activities for web redesign projects
* Develop and recommend policies, workflows, and content authoring guidelines for web content development, implementation, and maintenance
* Conduct training for faculty and staff in creating web content and web content management systems
* Identify, recommend, and implement new modes and techniques of communication to optimize discoverability of content, enhance the user experience and promote awareness of existing and new services
* Participate in the design, implementation and analysis of user research/usability studies
* Conduct regular web analytics to identify opportunities for improvement in how content is presented
* Serve on/participate in library and university organizations, committees, task forces, and teams as appropriate
* Demonstrated content management and web publishing experience
* 2-3 years of project management experience
* 2-3 years of experience managing people both in teams and across teams
* Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong understanding of usability, usability testing, and information architecture concepts
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to create and manage processes to ensure comprehensive and consistent workflow
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic
* High attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture
* Master's degree from an ALA accredited program in Library or Information Science
* Experience with web analytics analysis
* Knowledge or experience with SEO
For more information and to apply: http://jobs.usc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66854
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib