McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Wed Nov 21 15:35:26 EST 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate ***

Colleagues/

[ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2012/11/automated-deposit-of-researcher.html  ]

I received three responses that are listed and linked below.

IMHO > Most Exciting Projects !!!

/Gerry

> Deposit Strand

This project will seek to embed institutional deposit into the academic workflow of the researcher at almost no cost to the researcher. We will work with Mendeley and Symplectic to allow researchers to synchronise their personal research collections with institutional systems at no extra effort. We expect to significantly increase deposit rates as a result.

[ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2012/11/deposit-strand.html ]

Thanks to > William Gunn / Head of Academic Outreach / Mendeley Ltd. Menlo Park, CA

> PDF Permssions Google Docs Script YouTube Video

A demo of the early development stages of a script that will automate PDF permissions lookup in Sherpa Romeo

[ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2012/11/pdf-permssions-google-docs-script.html ]

Thanks to > Stephen X. Flynn / Emerging Technologies Librarian / The College of Wooster/ Wooster, OH

> SUNScholar/Audit > Ingest of Research Digital Assets and Metadata

Section 6: Ingest

Ingest of research digital assets and metadata must be actively pursued and monitored using automatic and manual methods.

[ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2012/11/sunscholaraudit-ingest-of-research.html ]

Thanks to > Hilton Gibson / Systems Administrator / JS Gericke Library / Room 1025D / Stellenbosch University / Private Bag X5036 / Stellenbosch 7599 / South Africa

Enjoy !

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and