Omeka

Siciliano Luigi Luigi.Siciliano at UNIBZ.IT
Tue Nov 13 11:14:22 EST 2012

Here at the Library of the Free University of Bolzano-Bozen, in northern Italy, we plan to use Omeka to publish pictures and descriptions of the items stored at the so called Didactic workshop of the Faculty of the Education of our University. These items are mainly toys and support materials for teachers working in kindergarten/primary/middle schools.

The prototype we are working on is available here: http://www.unibz.it/lernwerkstatt
Most metadata values are in german right now, but I guess you can have a general idea anyway.
We found so far that Omeka is very easy to learn and to use: that was for us really important.

Best regards,

Luigi

Dott. Luigi Siciliano
Online Services & Resources
Library of the Free University of Bozen - Bolzano
Universitätsplatz 1 - piazza Università, 1
I - 39100 - Bozen / Bolzano
Tel. +39 0471 012 331
Fax +39 0471 012 309
E-Mail: luigi.siciliano at unibz.it
www.unibz.it/library

From: Metz, Edward [mailto:Edward.Metz at FEMA.DHS.GOV]
Sent: 01 November 2012 17:31
Subject: Omeka

I would just briefly point out the hosted version of Omeka if you have not already looked at it : omeka.net. It has the one-size-fits-all shortcomings that others have already described but if this is your first foray into online exhibits it offers an easy and scalable entry. Something you can experiment with at no (or little) cost. I use it for a non-work site http://fire.omeka.net/ that I make some time for. You can see other hosted examples here: http://info.omeka.net/showcase/

Good luck, Ed

__________________________
Edward Metz
Head Librarian, USFA Library
Prevention and Information Branch
USFA/FEMA/DHS
16825 South Seton Ave, Emmitsburg MD 21727-8420
Phone: 301-447-1046
BB: 301-938-5158
edward.metz at fema.dhs.gov<mailto:edward.metz at fema.dhs.gov>
Library Website: http://www.lrc.fema.gov/index.html
USFA Library - Working to Bring Knowledge to Practice
Follow USFA at twitter.com/usfire<http://www.twitter.com/usfire>