MOOCs and Accreditation: Focus on the Quality of "Direct-to-Students" Education

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Fri Nov 9 11:29:19 EST 2012

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

Colleagues/

FYI

/Gerry

We are again talking about innovation in higher education and it is a refreshing change. The most conspicuous, challenging and controversial subject of these discussions is “MOOCs” – massive open online courses. MOOCs such as Coursera, Udacity and edX, all launched in early 2012, have received extensive media coverage accompanied by a lot of commentary. What type of education is offered here? Will it last? How do we judge its quality? Is there a role for accreditation?

Source and Full Text Available Via

[ http://alternative-educate.blogspot.com/2012/11/moocs-and-accreditation-focus-on.html ]

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor