Libraries for Sustainability – Webinar #3 - Tues. 6/12 2pm-3pm (EST)

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Sat May 26 16:39:25 EDT 2012

Colleagues/

FYI > Libraries for Sustainability – Webinar #3 - Tues. 6/12 2pm-3pm (EST) [USA]

In this third webinar, we will discuss and share opportunities for engagement in professional library organizations and other groups which might provide a forum for sustainability issues such as discussion groups, task forces, committees and social activities.

Share your experiences with tools such as LinkedIn and listservs, organizations such as AASHE, ARL, ACRL, as well as state and regional associations. How can we initiate contact with such groups? Where shall we focus? How do we address the diverse needs of libraries in all sectors: public, academic, school, special and other? Come prepared to discuss and offer ideas for specific recommendations for successful sustainability activities within professional library organizations.

There will be the option for a group to convene in another virtual room for an ALA-focused discussion -- in particular, the future of Task Force on the Environment (TFOE). Plans are already underway for a face-to-face social gathering at the upcoming ALA Annual conference to consider how to best advance the sustainability message within our libraries and associations.

Source and Link to Registration Available Via

[ http://thegreenlibraryblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/free-webinar-libraries-for.html ]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan