archiving a wiki

Carol Hassler Carol.Hassler at WICOURTS.GOV
Tue May 22 17:05:59 EDT 2012

Apologies for cross posting -

My organization would like to archive/export our internal wiki in some
kind of end-user friendly format. The concept is to copy the wiki
contents annually to a format that can be used on any standard computer
in case of an emergency (i.e. saved as an HTML web-style archive, saved
as PDF files, saved as Word files).

Another way to put it is that we are looking for a way to export the
contents of the wiki into a printer-friendly format - to a document that
maintains some organization and formatting and can be used on any
standard computer.

Is anybody aware of a tool out there that would allow for this sort of
automated, multi-page export? Our wiki is large and we would prefer not
to do this type of backup one page at a time. We are using JSPwiki, but
I'm open to any option you think might work. Could any of the web
harvesting products be adapted to do the job? Has anyone else backed up
a wiki to an alternate format?

Thanks!

Carol Hassler
Webmaster / Cataloger