When2Work starter template/tutorial?

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at WDM.IOWA.GOV
Thu May 17 11:25:50 EDT 2012

Please excuse the cross-posting - I'm trying to gather some wisdom here and am casting my net wide.

We're looking to get started with When2Work for our desk scheduling.  There are so many options available - we'd like to know how other libraries are using this product.  In particular, if you have multiple desks to schedule, how did you set it up initially.  Groups?  Types of employee?

If anyone has a simple "this is how we set it up" document or tutorial, or a template of how you set your system up, we'd very much appreciate a peek.  Best practices, hints and tips, cautionary tales!  All are useful.

I figure this product has been around a while - I hate to spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel, as most libraries have similar scheduling challenges!

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.  Feel free to reply to me off-list (email below) if you prefer.

Thanks!

Louise Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library