New Job

Leah Krevit krevit at RICE.EDU
Thu May 10 11:11:37 EDT 2012

What Katy said! Good luck, Bill, and thanks for all the insights over the
years!

Leah Krevit, MLIS
Assistant University Librarian
for Public Services
Fondren Library, Rice University
6100 Main Street, Houston TX 77005
713 348 3092 | 713 348 6264
http://about.me/leahkrevit

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On
Behalf Of Kathryn Silberger
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:35 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] New Job

Best of Luck to you Bill.  Although  I am mainly a lurker, I have
appreciated your posts over the year.  I do hope you continue to share your
wisdom.

Katy

Kathryn K. Silberger
Automation Resources Librarian
James A. Cannavino Library
Marist College
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY  12601
Kathryn.Silberger at marist.edu
(845) 575-3419

From:	Bill Drew <bill.drew at GMAIL.COM>
To:	WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU,
Date:	05/10/2012 09:28 AM
Subject:	[WEB4LIB] New Job
Sent by:	Web technologies in libraries <WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU>

Friday, May 11, will be my last day as an academic librarian.  I will be
moving to a new position at Rome Technical Library, U. S. Air Force
Research Laboratory, Information Directorate (AFRL/RI) ( official fact
sheet) in Rome, NY.   The official purpose of AFRL/RI is:
    The Air Force Research Laboratory Information Directorate is located in
    Rome N.Y. The Information Directorate is focused on basic research and
    advanced development in the cyber domain.  Its diverse workforce of
    more than 800 military and civilian scientists and engineers are
    charged with leading the discovery, development, and integration of
    affordable warfighting information technology capabilities for our air,
    space and cyberspace force.
I will continue my blogging about libraries in the 21st Century and may
blog a bit about my new job.  You will not see many frequent posts as you
have in the past.   I will still write about library services in New York
State and rural broadband access.

--
  Bill Drew
  Technical Librarian (starting May 14)

  Web: BillTheLibrarian.com
  Voice/SMS/: 607-745-4461
  Email: bill.drew at gmail.com
  G+: gplus.to/BillDrew
  Twitter/Skype: BillDrew4

  Web Design, Social Media,
  New Tech, Assessment,
  Change Management, Innovation, Mobile Tech, and more.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-05-10