Piwik

Junior Tidal JTidal at CITYTECH.CUNY.EDU
Fri May 4 12:15:01 EDT 2012

Hi Dave,

I use Piwik quite a bit, but I haven't 100% converted to it. I still use Google Analytics, as well as a bunch of other analytics tools.

On the plus side, Piwik stores data on your local drive rather than on Google, protecting user privacy.

On the negative side, I've noticed that if I don't clean out the Piwik MySQL tables every once and awhile, it may crash. This is especially true if your server drive space is limited.

Best,

Junior Tidal
Assistant Professor
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
New York City College of Technology, CUNY
300 Jay Street, Rm A434
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718.260.5481

http://library.citytech.cuny.edu

>>> Dave Bretthauer <Dave.Bretthauer at LIB.UCONN.EDU> 5/4/2012 11:51 AM >>>
Does anyone have any experience-testing, production use, anything in between-using Piwik as a direct replacement for Google Analytics?

The project's site is http://piwik.org/.

Thanks,

Dave
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Dave Bretthauer
Library Webmaster
Digital Programs Team
University of Connecticut Libraries