Security for Libraries (SEC4LIB)

Erin Germ erinlovestechno at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 3 15:10:14 EDT 2012

I thought I would extend this to the WEB4LIB listserv.

Would anyone be interested in forming an informal SEC4LIB discussion group.
This would be an informal group to discuss and investigate existing
security features and shortcomings of library services and applications.
This would essentially include documenting and pen-testing library
applications and services.

As background, I'm finishing a second Masters in Cybersecurity and have
been "investigating" various library software and services. I've been do
white-hat investigating on library software and services for about a year
and reporting discoveries to vendors and sites. My goal is to bring
attention to the security aspect of library software and services while
working with vendors/providers to secure their products, services,
applications, and solution. If your interested in the same, please contact
me.

V/R

Erin Germ

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/