Morning Becomes Electric:: Post-Modern Scholarly Information Access, Organization, and Navigation

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at IASTATE.EDU
Tue Mar 27 21:11:01 EDT 2012

*** Apologies for Receipt of Duplicate Postings ***

Colleagues/

Morning Becomes Electric:Post-Modern Scholarly Information Access, Organization, and Navigation

Abstract

Scholars are facing unprecedented Information Overload in their attempts to identify potentially relevant information sources. Electronic networks have not only expedited traditional forms of publishing but created new formal and informal opportunities for communication. Conventional methods of information management are reaching the limits of their effectiveness. To enhance access to information in the coming decades, systems that fully utilize the digital nature of a growing number of scholarly resources must be implemented.

Available Via

[ http://bit.ly/GYSfSv ]

Thanks Laura R.

Gerry McKiernan