open source office software on public PCs?

Carol Hassler Carol.Hassler at WICOURTS.GOV
Thu Mar 22 15:44:47 EDT 2012

Is anybody providing open source productivity software on their public
computers? For example, Libre Office or Open Office?

If so, I'm interested in how that has gone for you - whether you've
needed to do training, what does or doesn't work, etc. We are exploring
using it on our Windows 7 public PCs.

If you considered providing open source productivity software and ended
up not doing so, can you please explain why?

Thank you,

Carol Hassler
Webmaster / Cataloger
Wisconsin State Law Library