Most U.S. College Students Now Prefer Digital Reading

Leo Maris web4lib at BLAEU.DEMON.NL
Mon Mar 19 10:31:25 EDT 2012

Quite a few experiments in experimental psychology use the
increase in response time for a task with divided attention or
distractive events as measure of the cognitive load of a task.

Also, already before the 80-ties, research has been done to the effect
of better and lesser quality of print on the depth of comprehension. The
results were that the depth of comprehension suffers, though people tend
to compensate by putting in more effort. They are usually not
consciously aware of this extra effort.

But then, the photocopies of these articles from my student days most
certainly can be considered as "degraded print" <smile/>.

Leo Maris
Consultant at Azurro (NL)

--
Leo Maris	| Google is je grote broer ...