PDF usability and best practices?

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 16 17:09:59 EDT 2012

In Adobe Pro, a couple of things can be done to speed up the display of the
first page of a large PDF. Instead of being packaged as a single PDF with
many pages, the document can be packaged as a set of many PDFs, each one
comprising one page of the document. A large document can also be
"optimized for the web," which causes the first page to be displayed
immediately while the rest of the document is downloading. I didn't have as
much luck with this feature, but it may have been a problem with the
sequence of operations I was using.

Sharon
Sharon M. Foster
Information Wrangler