Atiz BookDrive Pro or Book2Net RGB

Sara Amato samato at WILLAMETTE.EDU
Tue Mar 6 19:58:45 EST 2012

For those of you who requested that I post a summary of what I learned about these two scanners, here it is:

The major differences that were discussed are:

Atiz - Uses cameras rather than a scanner.   IF one purchases high quality cameras, and has the knowledge to operate them well,  it is capable of doing very high quality mass digitization.
       - Book Cradle -  The book cradle is sufficient for delicate materials.
       - Is made for 'book room' operations, not the public, and is similar to the Internet Archives Scribe scanning workstations

Book2Net RGB - Scanner rather than cameras
                             - Book is positioned on floating panels, not a cradle
                            - While this model is made for back room operations, Book2Net has traditionally made public use scanners, able to be operated by unskilled users.

Thanks to all who replied to me, it was very helpful.

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Sara Amato <samato at willamette.edu> wrote:
> I'm hoping to talk talk with someone in a library who is using either of  these scanners:
>
> Atiz BookDrive Pro - http://pro.atiz.com/
> Book2Net RGB - http://book2net.net/en/book-scanner/book2net-rgb.html
>
> Please contact me off list if you use either of these and are willing to share your experiences.

> Sara Amato - samato at willamette.edu
> Digital Asset Management Librarian
> Mark O. Hatfield Library - Willamette University
> 503 370 6719

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-03-06