Tools to generate access statistics for subscribed online databases

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at BRYNMAWR.EDU
Thu Jun 28 13:18:03 EDT 2012

Michelangelo,

It depends on how you are getting your data from these different providers. Usually you can request a COUNTER report that you can then load into a system like:

EBSCO Usage Consolidation: http://www2.ebsco.com/en-us/ProductsServices/UsageConsolidation/Pages/index.aspx
Serial Soulutions Counter 360 http://www.serialssolutions.com/en/services/360-counter/
Swets:Scholarly Stats: https://www.scholarlystats.com/sstats/default.htm

I am not sure about using EZ Proxy. If all of your traffic goes through EZ Proxy then perhaps you can use the EZ proxy log to gather statistics.

Matt

----- Original Message -----

From: "Michelangelo M M Viana" <mviana at PUCRS.BR>
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 4:12:35 PM
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Tools to generate access statistics for subscribed online databases

Dear colleagues,

My University wants to start tracking the access made by users - staff, researchers, teachers and students - to all subscribed abstract and fulltext online databases.
In this way, I am asking for tips on tools (software) to keep them in a log/database, which allow us to generate access reports later (eg: monthly), showing, mainly, how many times each resource is being accessed on each period of time. If it also can allow us to know what resource is accessed by each category, it would be better.
EZ Proxy can be a valid choice to meet this demand?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Michelangelo

Michelangelo Mazzardo Marques Viana | Support and Development
Central Library Systems Coordinator. Librarian CRB-10/1306
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul - PUCRS
Ir. Jose Otao Central Library | Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
+55(51) 3320.3544 r. 4371 | mviana at pucrs.br | http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-06-28