Job Posting: Manager, Information Technology
skinneyne at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 18 11:35:29 EDT 2012
Just in case you may know of someone who may be interested in
relocating to beautiful Wyoming.
Sweetwater County Library System, Director
Manager, Information Technology
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of community
residents? Are you ready to work collaboratively with a dynamic staff?
If you answered yes, the Sweetwater County Library System
headquartered in Green River, Wyoming, is currently recruiting
candidates for the position of Manager, Information Technology.
Located in beautiful southwest Wyoming, Rock Springs is the largest
city in Sweetwater County while the second largest, Green River, is
the county seat. Sweetwater County is home to 10,500 square miles of
high desert adventure and offers excellent recreation opportunities,
affordable housing and a variety of cultural activities to choose
The Sweetwater County Library System has nine branch libraries and
serves a diverse population of 43,806 in the southwest corner of the
state. The Manager, Information Technology Primary duties include
design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all
computer hardware, software, servers, networks, Internet, and
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field and at
least two (2) years experience managing server-based applications.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong customer-service orientation and excellent communication and
• Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows server administration
and management of server-based applications including the use of
Windows Server 2008 with Active Directory, MySQL Server, IIS Server
• Demonstrated experience with general SIP Phone Systems. Knowledge of
Asterisk PBX phone system is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to manage enterprise-wide server-based
applications and other specialty applications.
• Demonstrated experience installing and troubleshooting client
workstations which interact with server based applications.
• Demonstrated experience working with Computer Hardware (internal components)
• Ability to work independently with flexibility, initiative, and creativity.
• Demonstrated analytical, organizational, oral and written
• Demonstrated knowledge of disaster Recovery planning,
implementation, and best practices.
• Ability to be on call for system emergencies and to work on
occasional evenings or weekends for system upgrades or fixes.
• Demonstrated skills with Internet and networking protocols and
standards. Extensive networking knowledge (VLANs, WAN networks, fiber
optics, routing, firewalls, 802.11bgn, PoE)
• Ability to oversee transition of systems from Library Data Center to
Central University Data Center.
• Ability to provide technical assistance to library staff with a
strong customer-service orientation.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Experience working in library environment with Librarians and other
• Familiarity with library operations, systems and automation.
• Experience with web-based systems and technical writing and
• Knowledge of storage networking concepts and network-attached storage devices
• Experience providing training to persons at varying technical levels.
• Adept with relational database management systems (such as MySQL, or
• Ability to program in PHP, RealBASIC or VisualBASIC
Salary range is $50,232 - $55,369 annually; based on a 40 hr/wk.
Additional benefits include retirement plan, health insurance,
vacation and sick leave. The State of Wyoming does not have a
personal income tax.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume and library
employment application by July 15, 2012 to the Library System
Director, Sweetwater County Library System, 300 North 1st East, Green
River, Wyoming 82935. Review of applications will begin on July 16th
and will continue until the position is filled.
For a full job description and library employment application, please
email Scott Kinney (skinney at sweetwaterlibraries.com ) or visit the
Library System’s website at http://www.sweetwaterlibraries.com/jobs/
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
More information about the Web4lib