Options for helping patrons via screen sharing

Pat Rapp pat.rapp at FAIRPORTLIBRARY.ORG
Thu Jul 19 11:55:37 EDT 2012

I was at a conference where a librarian gave a presentation on using Jing for including screencasting in reference questions. Here's a link:

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Jonathan Bloy
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:44 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Options for helping patrons via screen sharing

For a while now, my library has been using Skype to offer reference help and we're looking into other methods for doing reference that would involve screen sharing.  Something like GoToMeeting is appealing to us because the patron doesn't have to install software on their end.

We were wondering what products other libraries are using to offer screen sharing reference help?

--
Jonathan Bloy
Librarian, Head of Digital Initiatives

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/