Head of Tech Services Position Chicago IL

Burt-Nicholas, Laura LBurt at NORTHPARK.EDU
Tue Jul 17 09:36:43 EDT 2012

If you are interested in working for a private liberal arts college in an urban context I hope you will consider joining us.  Usual apologies for cross posting.

-Laura

Head of Technical Services Librarian - North Park University, Chicago

Brandel Library seeks a Head of Technical Services to lead a talented staff team in the essential mission of acquiring and describing resources to facilitate use by the students, faculty and staff of North Park University.  As collections and user needs change this position requires a librarian who is innovative and can effectively leverage our networked environment to ensure efficient access to all our information sources.  The successful candidate will need to think strategically, be an excellent project manager, comfortable working with digital, print, and A/V formats, and be able to successfully collaborate with other professional staff including the Collection Management Librarian, e-Resources Librarian, and the Director of Archives and Special Collections.  For position description and requirements, see http://tinyurl.com/c5f6grt.   Appointment to begin as soon as position is filled.

North Park University is owned and operated by the Evangelical Covenant Church and seeks candidates who possess a clear understanding of and commitment to the university's mission of Christian higher education.  North Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from minorities.

Please send cover letter, resume, and names of 3 references to Sally Anderson, Director of the Brandel Library, saanderson at northpark.edu<mailto:saanderson at northpark.edu>.  In addition, applicants must complete a North Park University employment application.  Instructions are at:  http://www.northpark.edu/About/Prospective-Faculty-and-Staff.aspx.

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

[Posted for Director Sally Anderson]

Laura Burt-Nicholas
Reference and Instruction Librarian
North Park University