Job Opportunity- Systems Administrator / Creative Technologist, Chattanooga Public Library

Nate Hill nathanielhill at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 12 16:05:29 EDT 2012

The Chattanooga Public Library is seeking a talented and visionary systems
administrator to be a part of our transformation into a world-class library.

Tennessee’s fourth largest city, Chattanooga is home to mountains, lakes
and the Tennessee River and is a regional hub of outdoor activity.  A
revitalized downtown district and a growing arts culture combine to make
Chattanooga enjoyable for all ages.  With a low cost-of-living and a
moderate climate, Chattanooga is a great place to live and work.

The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintenance and
administration of the library’s online catalog and related software.  This
position will work closely with our management team as we seek to provide
the best library experience available for our customers.  Chattanooga’s
status as a “Gig City” will offer endless opportunity for technological
expansion. The Public Library requires a forward thinking Systems
Administrator with a proven track record of creative problem solving and
innovation to lead that expansion.

This position requires a Master’s degree in Library Science from an
ALA-accredited graduate program and a minimum of four (4) years of
experience as a professional librarian.  The ideal candidate is a creative
technologist with previous experience as a database administrator,
preferably with Polaris or another ILS.  Demonstrated knowledge of both
client and server side scripting languages, as well as HTML, CSS, XML and
JSON are required.

Minimum beginning salary is $50,000 annually.  Excellent benefits are
available through the City of Chattanooga.

Application forms are available for download at the Chattanooga Public
Library website http://www.lib.chattanooga.gov/employment.html
<http://www.lib.chattanooga.gov/employment.html> Please
include a resume and contact information for three professional references
along with a completed application form.

Send to:
Personnel Office
Chattanooga Public Library
1001 Broad Street