scanner

William Stein guillermost2003 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 10 09:23:13 EDT 2012

Hello,

    Our library is in the market for a new scanner. We have done one major archival project using an Epson Perfection 4490. You can view the end product here: http://www.archives-wcpl.net/archive7_hall/. Scanning 81/2x11 and basic images is something the 4490 handles OK but things like newspapers are a nightmare. Also the image quality on some of the photos leaves something to be desired (although that could be operator error). A flatbed scanner would be nice. The Hall Collection (linked above) is our first preservation project and I have one or two more of similar scope in the works, but overall I'd say our needs are modest. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank You,
    Will Stein, Reference Librarian
    Washington County PL
    Abingdon, Va.